Headquartered in Longueuil, Québec, Canada, Héroux-Devtek is a globally active company serving the Aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the Landing Gear market.
The Landing Gear Market specializes in the design, qualification, manufacture and repair and overhaul of landing gears and flight critical components to a customer base that extends from the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to the Operators in both the commercial and military markets. Our facility in Kitchener, Ontario is seeking a Packaging Clerk.
Summary of position:
Reporting to the Production Control Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for packing and preparing our products for shipping and acting as a back up for other members of the production control team. This is a full time, permanent position with the potential for shift work and overtime opportunity as available.
The incumbent will:
• Pack finished unfinished product for shipping to vendors or customers in a safe and efficient manner to specifications in order to ensure no damage to the product may occur during transportation.
• Determine which parts need more protection – crates for larger parts, cardboard boxes for smaller parts.
• Utilize the foam machine, paper, bubble wrap and wooden crates or cardboard boxes as required and determined by self.
• Use cranes, hoists, skids, forklift and pallet trucks to move product around.
• Attend daily production control start up meetings.
• Act as a back up for other members of the Production Control Team.
• Apply and comply with TDG, CT-PAT, ITAR and designated substance use policies and requirements.
• Adhere at all times to company policies, procedures and health and safety requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a minimum Grade 12 education/highschool completion. 1-2 year’s experience in a shipping/receiving environment in a manufacturing facility. Familiarity with shipping/receiving protocols an asset.
Ability to pack product for shipping in a safe and efficient manner to specifications in order to ensure no damage to the product may occur during transportation.
Ability to use forklift, pallet trucks, cranes, instapak foaming machine and parts washer in a safe and efficient manner, using all the required PPE.
You enjoy challenges, teamwork an a quality working environment that evolves continuously? Developing your competencies is a priority for you? Join Héroux-Devtek and "lets grow together".
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Héroux-Devtek is an equal opportunity employer.
Where did you first learn about this position?