Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
The Landing Gear Market specializes in the design, qualification, manufacture and repair and overhaul of landing gears and flight critical components to a customer base that extends from the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to the Operators in both the commercial and military markets.
Summary of position:
The Heroux Devtek – Kitchener facility is seeking to recruit a Maintenance Mechanic/Industrial Millwright. This is a permanent, full time afternoon-shift position reporting to the Maintenance Cell Leader. Overtime is applicable in this position.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
• Maintaining and repairing (or arranging for the repair of) shop floor machines.
• Troubleshooting and root cause analysis of machine breakdowns.
• Preventive maintenance.
• Follow up with contractors/suppliers to ensure parts are ordered and received on a timely basis.
• Prioritizing work schedule to ensure minimal disruption to production.
• Maintaining and repairing physical plant structure.
• Health and Safety enhancements to the machines and plant.
• 5-S Activities which include health & safety awareness/initiatives.
• Adherence at all times to all Company policies and procedures.
• Minimum Gr. 12 diploma and Certificate of Qualification as an Industrial Millwright. Preference given to those with electrical qualifications.
• Minimum 5 year’s experience as an Industrial Millwright, with experience maintaining and repairing CNC and conventional machinery.
• The ability to wear the required PPE.
• Candidates must meet security screening requirements as set out by ITAR/CGRP directives.
You enjoy challenges, teamwork an a quality working environment that evolves continuously? Developing your competencies is a priority for you? Join Héroux-Devtek and "lets grow together".
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Héroux-Devtek is an equal opportunity employer.
Where did you first learn about this position?